Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stuffed Christmas Tree Ornament

Ok - so I decided I wanted to try cutting some fabric on my Silhouette and I came up up with this little project yesterday!  I recently purchased some burlap and was dying to use it!


I used the following cuts from the silhouette store along with a set of  heart shapes  all by Lori Whitlock.

Stuffed Christmas Tree Details:  Burlap, Beige broadcloth,Brown & Red Fabric, Twine & Button:  PTI, Red Ruffled Ribbon:  Maya Road, Glossy Accents and Glamour dust Glittter, Heat n Bond Fusable Web, Sewing Machine:  Kenmore.

  1. Iron on some fusable webbing to the Red Fabric and the Beige Broadcloth and cut the pie shape on the broadcloth and the heart from the Red Fabric.
  2. Iron the beige broadcloth to the burlap and trim around the broadcloth with sisscors, 
  3. create a tree trunk buy cutting a rectangle from the brown fabric and turn rightside out - stuff lightly.
  4. Iron the heart on the tree and sew around it.
  5. Sew around the tree making sure to include the tree trunk and leave an opening to turn it right side out. 
  6. Stuff it slight with batting.  Sew up the remaining hole.
  7. Sew Ribbon to the top 
  8. cut the star and glossy accents and some glitter.
  9. Glue the star to the top and add some red bling. 
  10. tie some twine through a wood button and glue to the tree.
  11. Add the Ribbon trim along the bottom of the Tree



5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my it is so cute!! I love how you used the burlap...Perfect!!

Regan said...

cuuuuuteness

Rosanne said...

very cute!

Emily Leiphart said...

What a beautiful tree ornament, Avril! I love the burlap and that you can put fabric through your Silhouette!

Deanna said...

Very adorable friend!