Monday, February 20, 2012

#52 Cricut Challenge - Things We Love

The Weekly Challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog is to Scrapbook Things We Love and to include a tag and a negative cut!  I created the following Layout showcasing my Niece and 2 Nephews!  I also played around Cricut Craftroom to create the little Negative cut banner pieces!


The Negative Cut I decided to use is one I created using Cricut Craftroom.  I used the Banner from Pg 65 of the Martha Stewart All Occaisions Cake art and placed the Heart from the Craftroom Basics set in the centre of the banner.  I cut 5 out of the green patterned paper and then removed the heart from each banner and cut the banner pices from the red patterned paper - I pop dotted each of the green banner cuts on top of the red one to create a layered look using the negative cut from the heart shape.


The Apple is cut from the Wrap It Up Cricut cartridge, I added a tag and made the title read "So Sweet That I Love you to the Core"

I used some PTI Dies to create the clouds beacuase I just could resist adding any and the heart stickers were just the perfect addition!

Products Used:  Cricut Expression, Cricut Craftroom, Wrap It Up Cricut Catridge (Apple), Martha Stewart All Occaisions Cake Art Cartridge (Banner), Craft Room Basics Shapes (Heart)  McGill Punch (Tag), Patterned Paper & Embelishments: Jillebean Apple Cheddar Soup, American Crafts Stickers (Love, You, Core), PTI Twine and Cloud Dies.

6 comments:

Regan said...

adorable

Rosanne said...

So cute!

Deanna said...

The is so sweet Av, I love the hearts on the clouds!

Sharon said...

Amazing Avril! I love the dimensional apple leaf and of course that pleated edging!

Joanne said...

I love this layout Avril! All the details are awesome!
Joanne xo

Carolyn Wolff said...

So cute. I love everything.....especially the hearts on the clouds.