Friday, August 13, 2010

Friendzy Friday - Make your own Felties Part 1



This will be a 2 part series on How to make your own Felties! While creating my DT Layouts for the August 1st Release I thought it would be fun to create some of my own Felties! Todays review on making felties covers how to make them using any regular dies you may have (ie Sizzix, Cuttlebug etc!) Part 2 will follow on September 10th where I show you how you can make felties using the Cricut Die cut machine so make sure you come back to check that out on September 10th!

Here is what will be required to make any felties not including any additonal embelishments you choose to add to your felt pieces:




I am using my Cuttlebug and some cuttlebug dies for this example! You will also need some sissors, cardstock, felt of your choice along with any liquid adhesive, I like to use the 3-in-1 craft glue.



First cut a pice of felt and cardstock to fit your die shape. Next your cuttle bug stack from bottom up should be Plate A, Plate B, Die cut side up, felt and then a piece of cardstock. The cardstock will give you a cleaner cut with the felt! Use your other B plate and run it through the cuttlebug once all the way through and then back again.

Next up embelish your felt shape! Here I have added a button and some bling to the flower shape!



Here are some more felties I created with shapes I have at home! on the ice cream cone I did some hand stitching with embroidery floss and added some bling. The trees I added some buttons and twine to.




I hope you have fun playing with some die cut shapes you may have at home! Make sure you come back on September 10th when I show you how to create Felties with your Cricut Machine or die cuts you may have around your scrapspace!

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

Cute embellies!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Amazing......where do you buy your felt?

Deanna said...

Ack these are amazing!