Thursday, May 13, 2010

You Colour My World Layout!

When my family was here on the weekend we took some photos and I was so inspired with cutting out flowers for my flower pot card I also decided to scrapbook a layout using some of these pictures. Now while I am not a mother myself I thought this layout could definately represent how I feel about my 2 Nephews and Neice and just how much they mean to me! I wanted the layout to co-ordinate with the Title "You Colour My World" so I made the photos of each of them in black and white and then the photo of the 4 of us in Colour to represent my world! Here is my layout! Details to follow below:



Here is a close up of the clouds - I cut one of the clouds from the cloud patterned paper and used it as a template to cut one from the matching papers to the flowers I had cut out! since I went gung ho with the flowers I added one up with the clouds as well!



I cut down one of the 3x3 cards from the patterned paper line and used it for my journaling and added a little scalloped board in some of the brown patterned paper. I also added a little Stickles to the centre of the flowers to give them a little more pop!



I had some fun with Ribbon using a red ruffled one with a brown one that I scrunched every inch or so using some embroidery thread! I also added a felt scallop border under the ribbon!

I cut the title from two of the patterned pieces of paper to match the rest of the layout!


Details: Patterned Paper: Pebbles Tee House Collection, Felt, Embroidery Floss, Ribbon from my stash and Stickles.

4 comments:

Bobbi-Lynn said...

So pretty, Avril!!

Regan said...

aaaah...love it!

Rosanne said...

Wonderful Avril!

Deanna said...

Oh em ghee, awesome!