Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blooming Watering Can


I have had this Watering Tin forever thinking I would alter it at some point... I had so much fun playing with my Itop the other day I just had to use it some more! I also made the canvas flowers myself...
I started by painting the tin green, I added some quick little flowers with pink and yellow paint to the spout and handle also.

I cut the word Grow using the "Spring" Slice cartridge and added alittle stickles and a felt flower I diecut myself with some added bling! I also cut the butterfly in brown felt using my spellbinder die.



The flowers are made using primed canvas that I cut with my flower spellbinder dies in different sizes... I then stamped them using a polka dot background stamp from PTI. I also cut the felt using spellbinder dies and PTI flower dies... the leaves are another Slice cut - I attached them all with the fabric brads I made using the Itop and glued the flowers and leaves to wooden Skewers (who says you can not use kitchen stuff for scrapbooking! LOL)


Inside the can I added some small rocks to hold the skewers in place and added a little plant material to cover the rocks...


I had a blast making this and was so happy that I used the tin finally... like seriously I think I have had it for like 5 years now!





3 comments:

Rosanne said...

Really cute!

Deanna said...

Eeek, adorable!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Well, that is just the cutest thing ever! Lots of great techniques. Thanks for sharing.